Your Name: Doug
Motorcycle Make: Norton
Motorcycle Model: LR FASTBACK 750
Vehicle Title: clear
For sale by: Owner
A Euro only model and considered a rare model by some. This is my idea of Nortons' perfect cafe racer platform. As the founder of the Colorado Norton Works (CNW) based on rebuilding Commandos to a level of modern dependability, performance, and appearance; how could I build one any other way. My list of over 40+ upgrades stays close to the original package of components that put over 30 Nortons "on the road again". The latest CNW offerings use many new components along with an array of inhouse parts they have masterfully developed. Both approaches address and work to cure the same design and engineering issues of the Commando but from diiferent angles. The upgrades are many and very well documented so I ask to please inquire with questions to clarify these distinctions. The following items are features of note, some optional add ons and some standard to all of my rebuilds.
FEATURES OF NOTE
* Brembo brake conversion.
* Comstock modified small port head with stepped "D" exhaust port. (His last done by hand).
* NEW original Koni rear shocks.
* my own CUSTOM Saddle. Rebuilt pan, reshaped higher density foam to conform exactly to the smooth lines of the tail section, relocated support pads, beautifully sewn
* my own HIGH FLOW single Mikuni (VM36) intake system. Matches twin carb systems' UPPER END performance. This combined with the head makes huge power by flow efficiency and not by stressful compression and bumpy cams. The performance gains will surprise you.
* Extensive surface conditioning and seam matching of all engine/ trans/ primary cases & covers. Similar detail applied to head & barrel; casting seams removed, valve covers seam matched, fin edges contoured and polished. Speaks precision, aids cleaning, all says MODERN.
* Modern muted finishes (semi gloss & satin powdercoat) in colors departing from traditional yet tasteful to the eye add huge advantages to durability & ease of cleaning.
* Engine/ trans / primary covers coated in a baked engine enamel adds contrast that allows the rich polished alloys, hand polished S/S fasteners, and chrome to take center stage.
* Bub Conti replica mufflers shown however your choice of mufflers included in price. Installed at delivery.
Included in the price of this Norton will be FREE delivery, In person, to any of the lower 48 states. **Note: this offer available until Sept. 6th in any eastern states and until the 16th west of the Mississipi
Send Message To Owner Phone: 970-570-6726
Feel Free To Make Offers 1974 Norton Commando 850. Period café racer survivor Can best be described as a “rider” or a ten-footer. Bike was used as a daily ride last season and never missed a beat. I will try and list the bike as honestly as I can. Would… United States
In excellent condition. Super strong. Fresh rebuilt engine with less than 800 miles on it. Custom made tank by Ross Thomson Bike been featured in 2 magazines Washington
Report this ad