1972 Norton Commando Combat
|Valid Title||Yes I have a valid title|
My Norton is a 1972 Combat. I am the 3rd owner of this motorcycle. The original owner tried to restore it but it was over his head. Most of the work was done at British Marketing including a complete engine rebuild with Superblend Bearings.
The original owner developed cancer and sold the bike to his neighbor, The bike was much faster than he was and it scared him. He put it up for sale and I bought it from him.
I have all the receipts, over $8000 worth. The bike has always been stored either in my garage or barn. The bike came with the fiberglass gas tank. Because it was dissolving in the shitty gas we have, the carbs became seized up. The red tank shown in the pictures is a steel tank from a 1973 Roadster. It has a RITA electronic ignition. The bike needs (2) New Carbs, a battery and a new kickstart lever. The clutch has always been hard to operate and I think that the clutch plates were improperly assembled. This motorcycle has only 599 miles on it since complete rebuild. It runs like a raped ape and will run away from a stock Commando.
Popular Ads Overall
- 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe Sedan (372 views)
- 1935 Norton ES2 (371 views)
- 1972 Norton Commando Combat (369 views)
- 1941 Indian 4 (360 views)
- 1974 Norton Commando 850 (360 views)
- 1941 Buick Special Eight (359 views)
- 1949 Vincent C Rapide (359 views)
- NORTON COMMANDO LR FASTBACK 750 (354 views)
- Norton Commando MK3 Primary Case (353 views)
- 1969 Triumph 250 Survivor (350 views)