1972 Norton Commando Combat
|Valid Title||Yes I have a valid title|
My Norton is a 1972 Combat. I am the 3rd owner of this motorcycle. The original owner tried to restore it but it was over his head. Most of the work was done at British Marketing including a complete engine rebuild with Superblend Bearings.
The original owner developed cancer and sold the bike to his neighbor, The bike was much faster than he was and it scared him. He put it up for sale and I bought it from him.
I have all the receipts, over $8000 worth. The bike has always been stored either in my garage or barn. The bike came with the fiberglass gas tank. Because it was dissolving in the shitty gas we have, the carbs became seized up. The red tank shown in the pictures is a steel tank from a 1973 Roadster. It has a RITA electronic ignition. The bike needs (2) New Carbs, a battery and a new kickstart lever. The clutch has always been hard to operate and I think that the clutch plates were improperly assembled. This motorcycle has only 599 miles on it since complete rebuild. It runs like a raped ape and will run away from a stock Commando.
Popular Ads Overall
- 1972 Norton Commando Combat (1971 views)
- NORTON COMMANDO LR FASTBACK 750 (1643 views)
- 1935 Norton ES2 (1638 views)
- 1974 Norton Commando 850 (1543 views)
- 1971 Kawasaki F8 Bison (1471 views)
- 1972 Norton Commando Combat (1457 views)
- 1974 Norton 850 Commando (1428 views)
- 1971 Dunstall Norton 750 (1416 views)
- NORTON COMMANDO AIR FILTER PLATE TO COMPLIMENT K N FILTERS (1405 views)
- Restored 1974 Norton Commando (1396 views)